Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #195
taekwondodo

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
Hi Jeff,
I spotted several issues - on the 3'rd path (14:59.02) after 11min 51sec there is quite a large shift/jump (location AND altitude) - it really looks like, that your device is getting "off" at a certain point and then after a while it's just click's in (to the correct location) - since you are in the air there can't be any buildings that disturb the GPS signal - might be that the plane electronics confuse the BB?
What's weird, is the track in the plane appears correct - e.g., lat/long, but the altitude gets "stuck".

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
the second jump is at 17min 41sec [I assume that's the moment when you left the plane] - so everything between 11:51 and 17:42 seams to be shifted by over 2000m... for what ever reason!
Again, yes - it seems to "bounce" around where I am in lat/long. Most of our dives yesterday had some horizontal movements, but most of it was vertical. Only at the very end of the jump do we "track" (a term used for horizontal separation a group will do right before opening) - Some people can gain 60-80mph (horizontal) in a track.

I haven't figured out how yet to view the data in a 3D model (I assumed Google earth would allow it, but haven't figured it out yet).

Could there be some processing conflicts? I don't know how "powerful" either the GPS chip is or the processor is in the Storm...

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Will keep trying it and posting tracks - but most likely not till next weekend.
Offline   Reply With Quote