Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
cjpitsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
so...how did it work out 4 u ?
The migration from .75 to .148 was really smooth. I uninstalled DM, downloaded and installed the latest release. I changed back to the stock theme on my Storm. Performed a current backup, including the 3rd party apps. I installed the new VZW OS on my PC. However I did have to delete the vendor file for some reason for DM to recognize the upgrade. Once completed all my apps and profile were just the way I left them. Since I'm behind our Corp BES, I requested an Enterprise Activation to get my Outlook files (email, tasks, contacts, etc) functioning correctly. The only thing I'm experience a slight problem with DM. Before upgrading DM, I never saw the Synchronize option. The new DM has it. I would like to eliminate DM connecting to the message center, since everything we do is wirelessly sync'd. There are a few kinks, but I believe it is related to BES.

I am not experiencing the issues other forum users have reported. No unusual battery drain or memory leakage. This has been a far overdue upgrade. Thx for all your help. You have made this very uneventful!