View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Auss1epaul

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Default BES issues with Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Cutting a long story short, I can not connect to BES with my blackberry storm. I am trying use a 9530 Storm bought in the US on a South African Sim providor, Vodacom. The original US provider was Verizon.

I have changed the CDMA Service Edit Screen and changed the Mobile Directory Number to the South African Number. I also saw that IMSI_S: had the old US number so I replaced that with the South African number.

I have checked with Vodacom that I was on BES service and it was on BIS but I got that changed. I also checked that I am on Data Roaming which is being put in place. once activated I tried again.

I updated the version to 4.7.0.148,

every time I try try to activate the enterprise it takes about 20 mins then it "retrying" then "Activating" then Retrying and finally says please contact your system administrator.

I keep asking the email providor to reset the enteprise ID and then I have tried it again and it makes no difference.

I am running out of options.

Any ideas would be very much apprecated. I am starting to wonder why I bought it in the US and should have bought another storm in South Africa.
Although not guaranteed that this would work either.

Please help

Paul
Offline   Reply With Quote