View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Sprint has no such restrictions on who can pre-order the Tour. Of course now it's no longer "pre" order. You order it today and get it by Tuesday. Sprint doesn't have have them in stock, nor do they have a demo unit. WTF?! I just don't get how they do things at Sprint. They won't have store stock until late August according to the latest info I have. But the stores can order it and you pick it up at the store in a day or two.

They pulled similar shenanigans with the Palm Pre launch. Sprint refused to allow demo units until the day of launch. Store reps had to take mandatory Pre training, received their own personal unit, but were forbidden to activate it for a month! And they got a dozen or so emails warning them of all the bad things that would befall them if they even allowed a customer a glimpse of their Pre.

I can understand telling the store reps they cannot buy the hot new device right away, especially if it's in supposedly short supply. But hell, they GAVE one to store reps. So why then did they ban activating the thing?!? The only reason to give one to a rep is so he can be more knowledgeable about it come launch day. So then Sprint disallows activation, crippling the user experience and leaving the reps in the dark about how well certain features work?! Who makes these kinds of decisions, the 3 Stooges? This has Curly written all over it!
Offline   Reply With Quote