Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #27
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I only addressed the point he made in the portion quoted. And as to your second point. While, yes this is true, but the Windows OS is inherently less secure. This is due to adding upon millions of lines of code over the years that even MS programs don't have a grasp of. There is also IE and Active X. Countless computers have been compromised through these two vectors, yet MS continues to push them. OSX is built upon Unix and unlike Windows, doesn't give you automatic access to the root level. And yes you don't have to run Windows as an admin, but there are still far to many Windows applications that won't run right unless you do. So I stand by my post.
only dist i know and thats is linux that does not have root is ubuntu, slackware, gentoo, and debian after install you only have a root acct, you have to make an acct like in windows not to be root.

while windows has bugs, active x, and flash does too, so does the linux kernel, and so does bsd, they are all filled with holes, heck i remember exploiting sendmail to get root on unix. each has its own, but i dont see how it dont give auto root access, maybe osx which is more like a ubuntu of bsd, but a unix/bsd clean install is root then creating of accts.

that does not mean you cant exploit unix code for root access. i mean its been proven time and time again how easy, osx which is based on bsd, which runs on the iphone, how easy it is to hack it. new phone a new jailbreak is out.

i never said a pc is secure. what i am saying is the blindless fools have a fail sense of security due to a fact that "apple" said so.

now

a pc is more secure then a mac.

patches to flaws dont take months but zero day is patched zero day. unlike a mac. while no os is fool proof, atleast ms is more on the ball of fixing there os then mac.

do you think the sms patch would of been out today if it was not for the media? lol

Last edited by wabbit; 08-01-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote