Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Christie83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Atrix
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacyJ View Post
Wirelessly posted (My name is Bubbles)

Pretty much know that there isn't any forum better than this one so I am asking for some iphone help. I recently got an iphone 2G and went to update to the 3.1 software and I'm having trouble. Every time I download the new update in itunes, when it gets done it vanishes and I can't find it. Also my iphone shows the usb cable pointing to the itunes icon, I think that is safe mode. If I don't boot it in safe mode the phone simply turns off seconds after the apple icon appears. I don't have a clue what to do and any input would be greatly appreciated.
Dacy, try the AT&T Wireless Forums. They seem to stay pretty busy, and there are a lot of knowledgeable folks. Apple - Wireless Forums from AT&T

I just traded my 2g in for a 3g. I did not experience this problem with my 2g. I suggest restoring the phone and trying again - just make sure to back up your phone before you restore. If that doesn't fix it, I would call AT&T. They may point you to the Genius Bar. But I am really not that much of a phone guru.

I'm not sure if you know, but (*looking at your profile, where it says your carrier is AT&T*) AT&T has a deal right now where you can get a refurbished 8gb iphone 3g for $49.99 (along with a 2 year contract extension) if you are eligible for an upgrade. If you are interested in this, check your upgrade status on AT&T's website; I know having a 2g used to automatically update the eligibility status... I recommend taking advantage of that price, if you can.

Hate to say it, but, the life of the 2gs are probably dwindling for the most part. That's one reason I took advantage of the deal. My phone was 2 years old and I knew it would eventually poop out. Also, the 2g doesn't get the MMS update; only the 3g and 3gs do.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

Last edited by Christie83; 10-06-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote