Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #23
orange890

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange890 View Post
Thanks for that, I am interested as I have both a 8320 and now a 8900.

My 8320 work every day without any issues via a BT hub. the 8900 does not and never has. Orange have told me now four different stories when I called them. One said we do not offer UMA anymore on these handsets when the latest call a helpful person told me that 50% of thier customers cannot recieve UMA but this will change shortly as their is an issue. I am, like a lot of others upset with the signal orange offer at home and need UMA to get a reception. I feel we need to be told one way or another. If it's the firmware then why if RIM say that 8900 support UMA if Orange have played around with that then Orange are to blaime, if it's Orange then they should say. I am not have a go at you, it's not your fault but as you have come on the site and Orange do no tell us, you are the only help we can get. Thanks
I am starting to get somewhere now. Spoke with Orange yesterday and apart from them telling me to do the same things as before, it would appear I am missing the part on the 'Network Options' menu. On the 8320 there is an option to choose 'connection preference, which my 8900 does not have. They told me to update but I am on the correct version '4.6.1.206' So they are now talking to RIM. What next.
Offline   Reply With Quote