View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #31
Scotchegg

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ORANGE - UK

SUCCESS!!
New handset arrived on Saturday Morning, after many many many lengthy conversations with Orange. The Tech department wanted it for testing so they could understand what was causing the probelms on an unknown population of handsets......"we don't want it to to be replaced like normal as it'll simply go into the system and we'll lose the evidence" they said "OK" I said, "where do you want me to post it then", they supplied an address but were not willing to send a new handset until the tech testing area had received it.......leaving me without a handset for an unknown amount of time.

Eventually, after a "you've admitted its faulty, please just replace it or I'm cancelling the upgrade and I'll be off to Vodafone" conversation - a replacement was despatched......the courier took the old one, so they've lost their precious evidence, due to their own processes.

Stuck my memory card and SIM card in, switched it on paired it with my router, swapped to UMA as soon it lost or struggled with the Orange signal, no messing.

Hope this helps other poor souls in the same situation I was........

p.s. Its brilliant and has sorted my coverage issue.

Last edited by Scotchegg; 10-26-2009 at 07:20 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote