View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
j4zb4

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Loop Moblie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbuckley View Post
You'll get "lambasted" here too if you ask a question that has been answered many times before. Individual problems are always a bit different.

Unfortunately how well your router works with your lap top doesn't help us. Some information that will help is, what make and model router are you using, though if you have different routers in the three places you've tried it isn't likely a router problem.

For future reference if you complete your profile with the OS version of your Blackberry and the full name and country of your Carrier it sometimes helps. BPL means nothing to me.

For this specific problem go to Manage Connections -> Wi-Fi Options. Then press the menu key and select Wi-Fi Tools -> Wi-Fi Diagnostics. The information there should help you out. If you don't understand the information you can mail it to your self (Menu -> Email Report) then past it here. For now we only need the first section titled Wi-Fi.

Hey thanks a lot for your help... My problem is solved... Actually it was a very stupid thing I did... I used to turn off the data services option which I assumed turned of my edge (as happens in the iphone)... I didn't know it turns of ALL data services and not only through the carrier...

Thanks a lot for your time... Sorry to trouble you...

edit: there I added the details in my profile as you suggested...

Last edited by j4zb4; 10-27-2009 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: addition
Offline   Reply With Quote