View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
bhgreenellc

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Win 7 64bit / Curve 8330 USB issues

Hi,
I see that this thread has been inactive of late, but it seems to be the right place for my issue.

I have installed 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate on my HP Laptop, and various versions of the Blackberry Desktop Manager (4.6 - 5.0.1).

When I launch BDM (5.0.1), it comes up with the message "Before you begin, verify that your current BlackBerry device is connected to your computer." There are no buttons in the dialog box, nor an X to close it. I have plugged 2 working Blackberries in, using 3 different RIM supplied cables, each time I hear the device connection sound (from windows) and the 1st time for each blackberry (8330 and 8310) a blackberry driver is installed. But the message does not go away and BDM never recognizes the device. In earlier versions of BDM, there was an ok button to clear the message, but they did not see the devices either.

I have no exclamation points in my device manager, and have done clean installs of several versions of the BDM. Both blackberries also connect successfully to another computer, Windows Vista Business 32bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barry
Offline   Reply With Quote