View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Yeah like I said it always turns out to be some app running in the background that drains the battery. You didn't say when you installed Berrytunes but it was probably after you installed the 5.0 OS. I bet it was either a corrupt version or it wasn't compatable with 4.7, hence the rebooting. If you installed it before 5.0 it's possible it wasn't compatable with a 5.x OS (some apps aren't since 5.0 is beta). Either way you found the problem. What I would do it not fear any apps, but if you know the battery is draining abnormally all of a sudden (most people can tell in a day or so based on their useage in the past) you go to each app one-at-a-time and exit or close it using the menu key. Just don't listen to people who tell you to change your OS to fix it. Interestingly sometimes that will actually fix it because it will close down the offending app that was running. Then they become convinced that fixed it. The other classic battery drain situation is the new phone. That's because people load it with new cool apps and something gets left running somewhere. Glad you got it fixed though.

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 11-01-2009 at 08:26 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote