View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
dbltap
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

An interesting point... while the processor and battery are the same as the 9000, there is some voodoo under the covers. I had the Seido Extended battery on my 9000. I was lucky to get 18 hours with minimal use. I pulled that battery and put it into the 9700.

A few calls. Wifi & BT on. Lots of setup and configuration updates. quite a bit of e-mail, txt & BBM. At 18 hours last night, battery @ 60%. Left it on all night. Got up this morning. 55% 5 hours later... 45%.

Now, I did blow away the shipped OS and put the most current one shown in this forum. But this battery life is orders of magnitude better.

Speed .. relative I think. If FEELS a bit quicker. But I don't have any benchmarks to prove that.

Lots of goodness in the 5.0 OS. I like that it is using the BBM interface for threaded SMS. But then I don't do a lot of txt'ing. Mostly BBM. Loving the Sametime Enterprise Messaging that also uses the BBM interface.

Still not thrilled with the changes they made in alerts. No separate volume control for In holster vs out of holster. At least I can't find it if it is there. If I add a custom ringtone for contacts when they call, it forces a custom messaging alert that over rides the e-mail account set notification alert. I can't find anything that will let me set the Contact Message back to the profile default.

Yeah, I'm happy with the upgrade from the 9000 to the 9700.
Offline   Reply With Quote