View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #65
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarosh View Post
Just got it installed, works good havent looked fully yet, and only used it for 15 mins, but the browser works fine but its media.net not explorer? how do i change that? cuz media.net sucks!

other thing is that sometimes when i want to access menu, and i click on the menu/option button and it will bring up the application switch bar screen. its pretty annoying sometimes i have to hit the button several times to get the menu! anyone have that problem?
Not sure about the 2nd problem but the first one with getting your browser back is an easy fix once you know how to do it. you need to enable legacy SB mode on your device and upload the old service book if you still have it. If not, you can find them online for the different carriers. I have the one for AT&T if you need it PM me.

Instructions (< 1min)

When the phone restarts, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books. Then hold Alt + {A/S}{A/S}{B/N}{E/R}{B/N} (QWERTY phones: Alt + {S}{B}{E}{B}). A message reading Legacy SB Restore Enabled should appear on your screen.

Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager, then select Backup and Restore, then Advanced, open backup file (.ipd) containing SB to load into BlackBerry, click on ">>" button.

Done.
Offline   Reply With Quote