Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
leonsas
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimix View Post
Since it seems you're connected (SSID appears) what happens when you try to use the BB browser?
I can use the browser even with the mobile network off, but the WiFi logo never gets bright white. But blackberry Messenger doesnt work with the mobile network off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzadk007 View Post
If the device is detecting the Wi-fi networks then you need to configure Wi-fi manually. Following are the steps that I got from Blackberry FAQs:

1. At the Home screen, press the Menu key.

2. Scroll to Set Up Wi-Fi Network and press the trackball.

3. Scroll to Next and press the trackball.

4. Scroll to Manually Add Network and press the trackball.

5. Type the network name, and then select Add.

6. At Security Type, press the trackball.

7. Scroll to one of the following options and press the trackball: (By the way dude, ask your network administrator that what type of security have they deployed for the Wi-fi network, and then select one of the following)

* No Security
* WEP
* Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
* PEAP
* LEAP
* EAP-TLS
* EAP-FAST
* EAP-TTLS
* EAP-SIM

8. Scroll to Connect and press the trackball.

9. At the Save this Wi-Fi Network as a Profile anyway? field, ensure Yes is selected.

Hope this will resolve the issue. Wish you all the best dude !
I did this like a dozen time and still doesnt work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbuckley View Post
If none of that works, have a look at the Wi-Fi diagnostics. Manage Connections -> Wi-Fi Options, Menu -> Wi-Fi Tools -> Wi-Fi Diagnostics.

Look in the Wi-Fi and BlackBerry Infrastructure sections.
I compared my blackberry to my brother's and while his bb has a green checkmark on BlackBerry Infrastructure in Conencting, Authenticating router and Authenticating server, I have a red cross on Connecting and the other two have a white slash.
Offline   Reply With Quote