View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #36
anshul89

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Talking Finally Connected with Blackberry 8520!!

Thanks a lot Emmanuel & Mark to come up with excellent thread .

I tried for long hours to connect with Old version of Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 but I could not get any success. I was having issues in querying Soft Modem Finally I uninstalled the Old version, downloaded latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 from the parent site and you would be suprised that I got an inbuilt option in Desktop Manager to use Blackberry 8520 as an IP Modem!! I configured the modem settings to choose Bharti (Airtel) as my service provider, disabled LCP extensions. Also I enabled and APN settings on under Menu --> Options --> Advanced Options --> TCP/IP. I also mentioned the APN as airtelgprs.com. I tried connecting initially from Desktop Manager and I got connected.

Later on I changed Modem Speed by clicking on Dial-up Icon and General --> Selecting Modem --> Configure --> Selecting Max. speed as 921600 bps. This also worked and I was able to connect at a better speed than 115200 bps. Not sure whether this is just an assumption but my organization's home page opened up comparatively faster after changing the settings!!
Offline   Reply With Quote