View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #50
serviceguy

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I second this reply. Problem in my case apprears to have been related to the recent update to my Curve. Renamed the researchinmotion folder to researchinmotion_old and restarted software, then reset synch data as describe here. Good fix. Thanks alot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman View Post
Redflea's remedy worked:

For BlackBerry Desktop Manager

1. Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2. Open Microsoft® Windows® Explorer and delete the "Research In Motion" folder in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\

[This deletes all your synchronization settings/history, etc. I actually just renamed the Research in Motion folder in case I wanted to get any information in it back.

When you restart Desktop Manager again in the steps below, the "Research in Motion" directory and subdirectories will be re-created.

3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager again.
4. Select Synchronize
5. On the Synchronize tab, make sure Synchronize Organizer Data is checked.
6. Select the Configuration tab and click Configure Synch.
7. Re-create your sync settings to sync calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes, etc.
9. Click OK to save your changes
10. Return to the Synchronize tab and perform a synchronization by clicking Synchronize Now.

---

Of all the suggested remedies this is the only one that worked with my 9530 Storm. As the sync worked prior to the Blackberry software update and failed on my first sync after the update it made no sense that the problem was with outlook. That I can delete the sync configuration files and have the new software create new configuration files and the sync works makes it obvious that the new software has a bug and does not properly use the old configuration files or needs to update their settings and this was missed by the programmer - too bad Blackberry does not believe in software quality control.

My thanks to Redflea!
Offline   Reply With Quote