View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
abji13

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Battery Life Dissapointing?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone, ive been browsing the forums for a little while, finally decided to register.

I got a 9700 on December 30th, ive loved every second of it since i set it up. I am disappointed though. Before I made my decision between the 9000 and 9700, I read alot of reviews and lots of users were saying the battery life is phenomenal.

I dont see it though.

At the end of every day so far, im only about around 20% battery left and I am not a power user by any measure. Last night, I left it to charge at around 1 am and it only had 10% battery left and I woke up this morning at 6 (I know your not supposed to charge it overnight, had to last night though) with full battery. I took it off charge, responded to a few text messages and a couple emails, checked my facebook and went back to bed. Woke up again at around 9 and since then ive been sending/recieving an email or 2 every half hour, talking to a friend on bbm on and off all day, and sent a few text messages back and forth, also 2 phone calls with a total talk time of at most 5 minutes. Now im sitting here with 55% battery and wondering if i have a defective unit? Or maybe this is actually how long the battery is supposed to last?

Just to put this out there, I always close apps, never leave them running in the background, and im running the default precision zen theme. Am i doing something wrong? Is there anything I can do to get more battery life?
Offline   Reply With Quote