djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Moved.

I think schools have good intentions towards stopping bullying, but I don't think they will ever eliminate it. Some administrators/teachers are just not willing to stick their necks out (in extreme cases, perhaps) for fear of retribution (read: lawsuit) from the bully's parents, or even from some gun-toting freak (I'm pro-gun, uh, but not for students)

There is also cyber-bullying, which the schools can do little about, except to block access to computers or social networking sites. Don't even get me started on the bullying via cell phones. I'm just glad all this technology wasn't around when I was in school.

Knock on wood, neither of my kids have had issues with bullys at school. My son is 17 (6' 1", 270lbs, and plays hockey) so is pretty much left alone from bullys - although he is quite outgoing and gets along with almost everyone. My daughter is 11 and if someone gives her a hard time she gives it right back and/or will tell them where to get off (I have no idea where she got that 'tude ).
Oh really!

More seriously, however, her reaction of "giving it back" is the most effective way of stopping the bully. Kid justice.

Last edited by djm2; 01-07-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote