View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopter View Post
I upgraded to this version 3 days ago. I have been pleased with it... it does seem 'snappier' and has improved my memory by about 3mb. The screen transitions are noticeably faster as well.
However...
Last night I had was on a call via Bluetooth and after about 5 minutes, the call was dropped. I redialed and after about 2 mins... the call was dropped again. Redial, call dropped again. I called a different number thinking the difficulty might have been on the other end. Alas.. that call was dropped after about a minute. Important to note that I was driving and was in an area where I routinely travel and I do not recall ever losing a call. I pulled the battery, did a (*228) update and also a roaming update. I then tried making a few calls WITHOUT Bluetooth.... no issues... no dropped calls. I then made a few calls using Bluetooth... no issues... no dropped calls...
This morning.. one dropped call ("call was lost") via Bluetooth..... but since then... SEVERAL calls later... NO dropped calls.

Coincidence or the update... I just don't know. But prior to last night/this morning, I really cannot recall the last time I had an unexplained dropped call.
I haven't make many calls since the update but I receive some and one was of about 10 minutes without any issues... Maybe its just a coincidence...

On another note... The pictures folder was one of the main dissapointments of this phone in older versions due to its lagginess... While this has been partially addressed (faster transitions and more responsive sweep) the picture quality when "fit screen" size is really bad, you can compare the pixelation by just zooming in once vs fully zoomed out.

No mayor issues
Offline   Reply With Quote