Old 01-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #7
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetman
Not very popular so far I see. Actually a camera can be very useful for business purposes. For example, real estate agents may want to take pictures of houses or other buildings and send them to clients or others. I would never give up my wonderful 8700 just for the sake of a camera, and I would not consider a Treo, but it would be nice as an option. Business people have personal lives too.
Your nick describes it all. You are a gadget collector, not necesarily an user, just collector, I want it cause its there. Have you heard of digital cameras, they are very small, and take great pictures, unfortunately they make lousy phone calls, and worse yet their e-mails are unreadable. THe same holds true for phones with cameras, though they do make great phone calls, and some even send good e-mails they take lousy pictures. If you want to do the person you are doing the service for proud, use the proper tools. A blackberry with a camera, will never happen. Maybe RIM might some day make such phones but I will bet that they would never carry the na,e BlackBerry on them. In the mean time get yourself one of these:

A tube of super glue, and attach it to the back of the 8700 (make sure you attach using each other's backs otherwise it wont work well), and go take all the real estate pictures you want, use your bluetooth to download to the 8700 and mail away.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 01-16-2006 at 12:06 AM..