View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 AM   #15
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayne79 View Post
I pay money for a device and service to make sure these "lab monkeys" as how u essentially described them, release proper software that functions.
No,I wasn't referring to RIM, although i suspect a 12 billion revenue company with worldwide presence would operate the same release engineering cycles and scheduling engineers are taught to follow in all respectable engineering schools in the country.
Quote:
Im not concerned with maintaining changelongs and 4 9s availability...
I know. We've established that. That's the reason you can afford experimenting with pre-release code. You're a hobbyist that's playing around with tech. Anybody that was using BB as a mission critical part of their business infrastructure wouldn't consider touching pre-release code with a six foot pole.
Quote:
i am however concerned with paying 500 dollars for a phone that lasts 3.5 hours on a single battery charge and has software that kinda sorta maybe works while paying 40 dollars a month to use that software, know what im sayin.
I understand what you're saying. What i don't understand is why you continue being a customer on a platform that keeps performing so poorly for you. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and try to find a communication solution that matches and performs better on the production task you wish to accomplish.
Quote:
Where ever i go, people tell me im stuck in the 90s with my bold and tell me to use an iphone.
I would advice to rate the platform on merit of performance rather than public opinion. Shiny-toys peer pressure of the sort belongs to a schoolyard.
Offline   Reply With Quote