View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
Paulie227

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default Solution to the Dreaded Code 552

[QUOTE=zimbu1234;1496453]I can't take it any more. This error is the bane of my existence. I mean really why does it happen after every app install? I can't take it any more.

First, use desktop manager to reload your applications. Yes, I know you just have a white screen, but I actually got this to work - once.

Next, go to Crackberry and buy the Aerize card. Doesn't matter how much it cost, buy it. It's worth it. First, the card will allow you to load way more apps than your phone memory can handle. Next, it never seems to get wiped out or be affected by an uninstall/reinstall. It is an app loader. You will find that all your apps will remain loaded on here, even if you can't see them.

If after trying to load your applications with the desktop manager (yes, even with the white screen) doesn't work, then go ahead and wipe everything out. You may as well go to your carrier's website and download a whole new operating system as well.

Now do a restore from your last save. Your aerize card loader should now be available on your phone. All your apps are loaded on that card. Go to the card (I keep mine in the applications folder) on the phone highlight your app and click the menu button, hit LOAD, your application will reload to your desktop or whenever you kept it on your phone.

You will have to do this one by one but better than having to download OTA, requesting activations codes, or discovering your app is no longer available, etc.

Another thing. Whenever you do a backup on desktop. Go to your BB memory and activate mass storage, plug your phone into your computer, go to my computer and click on the icon for your BB to open up the memory, then highlight and copy everything in the "loader" folder and in your aerize folder and save it to a duplicate folder on your desktop. Should anything happen, you can move the loader folders back into your BB manually by initiating mass storage in your phone memory, plugging the phone into your computer, and going into my computer to access the phone memory, then your folder, rename it "loader", then go to your phone locate the aerize card and manually load each app one by one.

After the 4 or 5th crash (who can remember anymore), I am doing that right now. I am even loading old games that I thought were lost to me forever either because I got a new phone and it was supposedly not compatible (but all seem to be playing just fine). I have a ton of apps (thanks to the aerize card) and out of the over 100 that I have so far only a few are giving me errors (Youmail for example) and I can easily redownload those apps.

I hope this helps. Stupid me I've had this loader ever since I've had my first BB and never thought to recover my apps this way. BTW I have an 8900 which seems to be very susceptible to this error.
Offline   Reply With Quote