Capt Jack Sparrow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7290 View Post
Since we are here in the rant and raves section, my completely biased opinion after 5 minutes of Opera usage:

Opera5 sucks.
No way to disable JavaScript (or, where do I find this ?)
Cant set Browser Identity
Displays Web-Page always in Full-Page mode on the tiny BB screen, you cant read the very small letters. And, if you zoom, you are able to scroll horizontal accidentally
mouse pointer movement/sensibility is set wrong, if you scroll down the page jumps
mouse pointer has a shadow
initial start page wastes room which could be used for history and bookmarks. Instead some pictures of sites I never will visit appear.
slow startup
does not render faster then BB browser.

With the BB browser set to colum mode. 99% of the web pages are easy to read an to scroll.

I cant understand, why someone would use this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7290 View Post
Yes, this is apossible explanation,

To add something more ugly things about opera:
Mouse pointer movment feels like i am drowing in mud.
No right klick on a link possible,
None of the nice shortcuts like top, bottom, page down, page up etc. etc. work with opera you can navigate with the keyboard, but the shortcuts originate from linux (e,x, s,f)
The user interface does not feel like blackberry.

if the BB would have been made by apple, you could say, opera will not pass the apple guidelines for a mac application.
Wholeheartedly agree with these 2 posts; I downloaded Opera Mini, and from that browser, downloaded Twitter....huge mistake; as mentioned, the cursor movement/speed was slow, and the Twitter interface looked nothing like, nor performed like Twitter downloaded from the Blackberry site. Battery drainage was also another issue. I deleted the Opera app, and along with it went the Twitter app, and re-downloaded Twitter from Blackberry, and Twitter now functions and looks the way it should....

Last edited by Capt Jack Sparrow; 04-16-2010 at 01:05 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote