View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
piggotl

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Curve 2 Continuously reboots

Please Login to Remove!

I have been experiencing problems lately with the Blackberry Curve 2. My company has been purchasing these for our corporate users. However, we have had problems with some of them getting into a continuous reboot, where the phone never boots up to the home screen.

I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this problem, and have been able to narrow it down to the Memory Cleaner option on the phone. So, what I do now is, whenever a new Curve 2 comes into the organization, before I even attempt to activate it with our BES server, I go into the Security Settings and enable the memory cleaner. Then I pull the battery out and let the blackberry reboot. If the phone boots up OK, then I know that there is not a problem. However, if the "looping reboot" problem exists on the phone, it will never boot up after the Memory Cleaner is enabled.

I have spent 4 hours on the phone with RIM tech support, and some time with Verizon tech support. Both say that it is a problem device, and that I should ask my carrier for a replacement. However, I have come across 6 phones over the past 3 weeks, all with this same problem. I find it hard to believe that all of these phones are faulty.

I have also tried installing the latest OS for these phones (at least the latest that is on Verizon's website - 5.0.0.508). If there is a newer version that this, I'd sure like to try it. I have even tried to back rev the OS to the older 5.0.0.337 version. Still does not fix the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Offline   Reply With Quote