Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
cjrp

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default No Internet Connection on Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

All,

Hi, new to the forum but it seems to have more experts than anywhere else on the web. I have just bought my wife a BB (I forget which model, but that is, I think, kind of irrelevant). She smashed her iphone and I am a BB user so persuaded her to upgrade. However I bought it for her the morning before I left to deploy overseas for a few weeks. Now she has called me to say that she has downloaded the Desktop manager software onto her PC (which for reasons too long to go into does NOT have an internet connection) but she cannot get her BB to sync with her outlook to transfer all her contacts across. Every time she opens it it refuses to help as she does not have an active internet connection.

Now, whilst no expert I could probably figure it out through pure trial and error (although it would have no logic too it and I would not be able to tell you how I had done it afterwards. I am persistent, not bright!), I am unable to do so remotely.

I cannot see any reason why it shouldnt synchronise without an internet connection since it is only taking existing data (the outlook contacts) and sticking them on a fixed handheld device... But I am not familiar enought o work through it.

Apologies if this has been done before. I have searched but cannot find an exact answer. I am very fond of my BB and I am keen to get my wife onto the same page. As it is I think I am failing to convince her!

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Rory
Offline   Reply With Quote