Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #34
hightack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutta1983 View Post
im trying to switch from the clutch to the SPRINT 8330 but boost is giving me the run around and im trying to switch it i have a boost krzr and would like to know if i can get some help on it.
You have IDEN service now, the 8330 is CDMA. You have to ask Boost to "migrate" your account from IDEN to CDMA. Tell the CSRyou have the ESN for the new phone. Give them the 8330 ESN. If they ask what the model of the phone is, say "it is a motorola something, a C290". Once the esn has been entered, the CSR will know what kind of phone it is, and usually continues ahead with the the procedure. Sometimes the CSR will not continue, just thank them, hang up and call back for another rep. When they give you the programming info, write it down in case you need it later. I usually call after 9:00PM eastern time to switch in Sprint phones to Boost, there just seems to less scrutiny then.

Most important, when entering the 6 digit MSL to program the phone enter it without the trailing # and press the green phone key to go to the programing mode. You will also have to load modified service books for your BB Browser and MMS to work, they can be found here 8330 & 9630 - MMS Fix for Sprint Blackberry Phones on Boost Mobile. Good luck.

Last edited by hightack; 06-03-2010 at 09:50 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote