Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
lmcjipo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by proussak View Post
I do have a google talk account, but so far as I can see it allows for forwarding of text messages to an email address but not to a mobile number as an SMS - is there a way to do that so far as anyone can tell?
Google Talk and Google Voice are 2 different things.

In my suggestion post above, I am referring to Google Voice (and not Google Talk).

If you have Google Voice and it was just a mistake what you typed above, you go into your settings and edit one of the phones (it must be categorized as a Mobile phone in Google Voice). You will see a "text settings" option which you should be able to toggle on/off to "receive text messages on this phone (mobile phones only)" as long as the category for the phone is "Mobile".

I use Google Voice to send SMS to my US friends (or my Canadian friends when a reply is not needed) when I'm in front of my PC. I also use Google Voice to send SMS from my Blackberry Bold 9700 with Google's Google Voice application. It saves me on texting charges and using Google Voice on my PC when I'm in front of it saves "my thumbs" (as you put it).

My Tech Blog

Last edited by lmcjipo; 06-24-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote