View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #63
gilroy

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_To_Know View Post
What are my options for detecting ANY type of tracking software or device on my Curve? I have done tons of research on this board and can't find a definitive answer.

To answer a few specifics first:
-Why do I think this? My spouse will always ask me "have you talked to so-and-so lately" on the same day or day after I spoke to the person. This even happened with a friend that I haven't spoken to in years....the day after I spoke to the person I was asked if I had heard from them lately. There are other small clues that lead me to believe this.

-Please do not lecture me on relationship problems, I am aware of the problems and I am only looking for specific ways to check my device.

-We have separate phone accounts and he does not know my password to my account.

-I do not have a password on my device, never thought I needed one, so yes he could have installed anything.

-I do not want to simply go and have the device wiped and re-installed. This is a breaking point and I need to know if I am being tracked, I do not have anything to hide, this is just creepy.

-I have checked the log files (ALT LGLG) but I don't know what any of the messages mean and I am guessing that a tracking software wouldn't enter the log as "iSpy" and would probably blend in with the other messages.

-I have downloaded the Kisses program but I don't trust its accuracy since it was written by the same guy that writes a tracking program. I doubt he would write something and release it for free that would detect his own program that he charges money for.

-My bill has data entries for blackberry.net (huge file sizes) and wap.cingular. I rarely use the internet.

Any suggestions for figuring this out?
There is simple solution just go to settings>options>advanced options>applications.
Then check all the applications on Google If they are the proprietary of Blackberry Curve then its OK there is no spy software or tracking application in your Curve
But if you find any application which is not proprietary of blackberry then it is the tracking application.
Hope it helps...