Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
mznatnat

Model: 8530
PIN: 00D00DD
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janthan View Post
ok, i got blackberry 8520 v 4.. to v5

1) Download the software for your blackberry (latest one)
2) Turn off your Blackberry and remove your SIM card
3) Download "BBSAK" software into your computer and install it
4) Connect Blackberry device to Comptuer
5) Then open the "BBSAK"program click "ok" when its ask for password
then click on "Wipe Device"
6) After the Wipe is complete, Click on "Load OS" this will open up wizard for instllation for Blackberry.

WARNING
I'm not held responsible for any dmage that you make, do it on your own risk!

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!

My problem: I have an older Blackberry Curve 8330. I got it when it first came out. The most recent version I have on this phone was 4.5.x and honestly after using newer Blackberries I just started hating my version! Today I said screw it I'm gonna update this b*tch! So after 5 hours of non stop searching, video tutorial watching, reading, installing and uninstalling... I thought it was hopeless. So I am going to explain.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING DESKTOP MANAGER 5.0 NOT 6.0!

I erased the Vendor.alx file... even tried erasing the vendorID files... and NOTHING! I downloaded multiple O/S versions... so I know there's no problem with the O/S files.

Every time I'd use the Desktop Manager it told me I needed to be an active subscriber. Everytime I used loader.exe it didn't show any changes. All it showed me is the files I already have on my blackberry.

When I ran into this post. I just said screw it I'm gonna wipe this thing and see if that would work. And it did.

So chances are if you are not currently connected to an active network, have an older version of the 8330, and are facing the same problems as me... Perhaps it would work for you too!

Hope this helps you. I am looking at my 8330 with Version 5.0 O/S.

[I downloaded the O/S from Crackberry.com]
Offline   Reply With Quote