View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
bbmraider

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile
Default Be careful ordering a Blackberry 9300 from T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I called T-mobile to get an upgrade after my Blackberry 8900 got fried...and had to look for upgrade options. Before I made a call to T-Mobile, I looked on blackberry.com to look at various specs on the 9300 and 9700. I did notice that the 9300 had 2 MP, no autofocus, and no flash.

I made the call, and told them that my 8900 was fried and wanted to get something similar to this since it had discontinued sales at T-Mobile, and the sales rep told me that the 9300 had 3.2MP, autofocus, and flash...I told her that according to the website - that wasn't advertised. She said different carriers have different specs for a particular model. When I recieved the phone - it was 2MP. SO - the point of the story, T-Mobile reps haven't seen the actual model so they follow by what is in error in their system.

I called back to tell them of this error....they actually told me that there were flash...I had to explain to them for about 15 minutes that I was a owner of 8900 and I knew where flash would be. They didn't believe me. I had to call about 5 times until one of the reps finally took the time to listen to me, and actually took the initiative to look at Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and agreed with me that T-mobile's system was in error and would flag it.

Needless to say - I got a 9700 for MUCH lower price than what I paid for the 9300 after this ordeal.

Ridiculous.
Offline   Reply With Quote