View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
TheManny

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
I have a problem with my phone. I only get 2 or 3 bars in my house and at work at the most. When I plug my phone in to charge it everything is fine until about 90 percent charged. After that for all intents and purposes I lose signal completely. Sometimes it will just show no bars, most other times it will got into searching for CDMA and then no service. It does not change when the battery is fully charged either. The only thing that fixes it is unplugging the device. It doesn't matter what outlet its plugged into. Ive also tried it at work and home and I get the same results. It does not do it if its plugged into the computer charging on USB, but it does charge a lot slower.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Is this an issue that others are experiencing as well? do you think this a software issue or is it faulty hardware?

Carrier is Verizon

Phone is Bold 9650

Os is .732

Only apps I run are weatherbug

available memory is 307.7 MB
Mine is doing the same thing... my signal strength(s) drop like a brick when the phone is plugged in (doesn't seem to matter where, at home, in the office, in the car). And there are times while it's plugged in, if i try to make a call, the call fails, but once I unplug it, it works like a charm.

Any progress with figuring out what's wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone (a definite step up from the Storm/Storm 2 IMO) and if I can figure out what's causing this little problem (be it hardware or software), all will be right with the world.
Offline   Reply With Quote