View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
BJHx

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation 9700, Devastated...

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, im new to the forums. I signed up because i need some serious help.

About an hour ago i was transferring songs from my computer to my bb 9700. when i tried ejecting, my computer kept telling me i couldnt eject because it was in use by another program. even after closing all programs, i was still getting this message so i turned off my computer and pulled my phone out.

bad idea

Now every time i try to access my memory card, i get a message saying "a media card has been inserted that is not formatted. do you wish to format the media card now?"

what i tried doing:
i click no, and check my media folder for my music, videos, pictures, and voice notes. nothing there. i plug my phone into my pc to find the memory empty with the option to reformat the memory card.... i plug it into my mac and get the same result with the option to reformat. I pulled out my card and tried putting it in a converter and plugging that directly into my comp, disc not readable. i'm running out of options and i dont know what to do. The only reason im stressing is because i had extremely valuable pictures, unimaginably important voice recordings, and countless videos and mp3's that i want/NEED back.

im going to try bringing it to at&t and seeing what they can do, but i know they wont be able to help. never has at&t been able to solve a problem that i myself couldnt solve.

so im turning to the bb community for help. is there ANYTHING i can try? ANY recommendation ANYONE may have?

as a last resort if nothing works, im going to allow my phone to reformat the memory card. in past experiences, this has not always lead to the data being deleted, but rather it has lead to the data resurfacing. however, if im wrong about this and i do reformat, there is no turning back, so if reformatting erases everything and it turns out the data was salvageable prior to reformatting, i just xxxxed myself even harder.

so again, ANY IDEAS/RECOMMENDATIONS/SOLUTIONS you can come up with, im willing to give a shot. this is really important to me. :(

thankyou in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote