Old 12-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #14
OVERKILL
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Why I Am Choosing The Torch Over Android Or Windows Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
I wouldn't go that far, I have the equivalent of bes on Android for free, I have never used Outlook except to sync contacts so no big deal, I use Evernote to sync OTA again for free. All my contacts and multiple calendars sync OTA also for free. The best part is I never have to plug in my phone.

That's the great thing about all the different platforms out there, you can choose the one that fits YOU the best.
OTA sync doesn't make it the equivalent of BES. There is a lot more to BES than that. Particularly on the administrative side of things.

That being said....

I was setting up a Samsung Galaxy S for a client the other day. I think it is a very impressive device in many respects. He is just syncing to Outlook with Kies for his contacts. Mail and the like are being done through GMAIL. The phone was very fast, though it did have random periods of brief "hangs" where the touch screen would stop responding to input for a few seconds. I think its PIM capabilities are more than adequate for a home user and for somebody who likes the latest gizmo's, it definitely has appeal. However, after using both it and the Torch back-to-back, I still feel the Torch (and BB's in general) are superior PIM devices, particularly when paired with a BES solution. The level of integration with a single mail system is just that much better. But then that has always been their forte, so that is at least somewhat expected.
Blackberry user since 2001.
Offline   Reply With Quote