View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
jw8725
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 (Unlocked) Refurbish

An update on this. I sent this xxxx $150 as I got suckered into thinking it was some white punk chick from Cali and she was genuinely selling her phone. I didn't do much rooting around his facebook, I'd have realised it was some African scammer or something along them lines. I asked him if he had sent it, he said "Oops they need your full name and not an initial so I came back and will post tomorrow". I found that a bit strange that USPS would do that, as they send items to business names and not necessarily full names so an initial shouldn't matter. This was a delaying tactic, funds were in the process of being transfered to his bank. And then on Sunday he told me had posted it, so I was now scratching my heading wondering what post office is open on a Sunday? I wanted confirmation of shipping and he told me that he "forgot" to send by trackable means and that he would send me a print screen from the post office.

He produced a print screen, totally laughable and which was fraught with errors. This loser cannot even spell November and wrote delivered on the same day as he allegedly posted it.

I asked for his number in the USA to confirm he was a) a woman and b) in the USA. He declined citing his boyfriend being jealous. I requested to talk to the boyfriend instead then and was not allowed to do so. At this point I became highly suspicious and opened a paypal dispute right away. They were reasonably helpful. I managed to escalate this to a claim and got my funds back today.

Turns out this is some broke up black dude in a third world country someplace, hiding his IP number and running a scamming outfit. Clearly he sweet talks you with a delaying tactic (as was he was doing when he was replying right away to questions asked) so he can rapidly remove funds from his paypal accounts successfully, transfer them to his bank accounts and shut down the paypal account even before a dispute situation arises.

It was my quick thinking that saved another dude from being scammed too, I trust paypal has returned his funds to him? If anyone else has been affected by this b4stard, have you managed to get your funds back? My first purchase on this forum became a nightmare.

I would ask the mods to kindly demand that sellers produce a legitimate contact number in their origin countries where buyers can contact them to confirm they live where they say they do. This stops the third word rouges from preying on the newbies here who don't realise that there is a shady underground to the blackberry scene.