View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #90
mwyarm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

It is under consideration. I am a loyal fan of a device, use it until it breaks, versus flipping devices everytime something new is delivered. To that point I used my 7130e which was an awesome device for email and phone for over 7+, maybe even longer, years. I just threw it away a month ago as the scroll on the side is skipping and I cannot scroll easily. What I liked about the device was that it was SURETYPE, open faced (no flip), and raised keys with space in between each key. I could pick up the phone and with just the feel of the raised keys I could press a speed dial or type with one hand if needed. In many cases I could feel my way around to press the speed key to dial something without looking.

Personal preference but I have large fingers and I have not been able to use any BB's with the small full keyboards. They are too close together and my finger probably stretches across two keys. For work, given we require a blackberry, and obvioulsy the 7130 is old, I use the Storm 2 so I can leverage the large SURETYPE keyboard in portrait mode.

Given RIM apparently does not view the Storm products as strategic and they are not investing in timely upgrades and given the tiny keyboards that have come out over the years, I am looking for other options. If RIM came out with a SURETYPE keyboard with raised keys and spaces between keys I would not be looking.
Offline   Reply With Quote