View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
mental case
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BE65B2
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Re: Get Your Unlocked 9800 Torch Working on TMobile with Browser, UMA and DM Tetherin

13. Under "SEGW certificate" choose the TMobile Engineering certificate downloaded in the Step 1.

14. Under UMA protocol version: use "UMA v. 1.0.3"

15. Save your settings.

Reboot the device. UMA should now be enabled!

I may be missing something and forgive me if this is a silly question. Just got my torch yesterday and have followed the steps. but on the part noted above, where is says select the cert that I downloaded in step 1. I am lost as to how this cert gets to my phone. I downloaded it on my computer, and nowhere else do you mention getting it to the phone from the PC, can you help me on that one please? Do i need to copy it to the phone and If so where do I copy it to so that when I get to the selection process, it is selectable.

Also wondering, I completed the BIS portion or the tutorial and the built-in gmail works, not real time like it did on my 9700, but I notice that one does not allow for attachments. And when i select a photo and try to send via email, i get a message "No message service configured, you will be redirected to setup wizard to setup your email account".

Once I go there, I see my gmail account already there, am I missing something or doing something wrong??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Offline   Reply With Quote