View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
daoswald

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Wi-fi reliability still an issue?

If you're considering replacing your router to overcome wifi problems, I'd be interested in hearing what's working out for people. I have two of the best home routers available. One is the Linksys WRT600N (the top of the line predecessor to the Linksys/Cisco E3000), and the D-Link DIR-855 (the current top of the line in the D-Link assortment). The WRT600N cost around $180 new, and the DIR-855 cost around $250. These are dual-band, dual radio WiFi routers.

With both routers I experience the same problem: My Torch's wifi works fine for a few minutes, and then hangs. Sometimes it can be remedied by resetting the wifi on the phone. Sometimes it requires resetting both the router and the phone.

I think it's crazy to blame the router when I have two different models, with different chip-sets, both doing the same thing with the Blackberry Torch, but not with my other laptops, my wife's iphone, or even my old Bold 9700. If the two top-line home routers from different manufacturers are rock solid with the Bold 9700, the iphone, two laptops, a media streamer, a printer, and the occasional guest laptop, but the routers both fail with the Torch 9800, I'm going to blame the torch.

I'm anxious to find a solution.
Offline   Reply With Quote