View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #31
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default Re: post here if you pre ordered a Playbook, dont post if you did knot please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Ungh... Staples is leaving a lot to be desired. My pre-order was cancelled, although Staples insists that the order is still valid. Huh? And the delivery date has moved from the 11th to the 18th-20th.

*sigh*

Apple really handles this stuff so much better. I wonder how many others are having trouble with their pre-order, and why does this all seem so sloppy?
I have found the same thing after checking my order. When I called the reply was that they have to cancel the preorder and create the "real" order for when they come in. The delivery is now stated on their site as
"Pre-order your BlackBerry® PlayBookxxx8482; Tablet by April 17th, 2011 to reserve one of these limited quantity tablets. Product will ship between April 18th and April 20th. Expected delivery: 1 - 3 business days, arriving no earlier than April 19th 2011. Your credit card will be charged at shipment."

It is obvious the phone reps are given no information or warning and have a very short script. 4 times after asking questions I got the "hold on" response. When I asked why I got no notice and had to find out the change in delivery date by looking at the site all I got was the "I am so sorry for that", but no explanation or anything. That was after she stammered and said the preorder was to verify your credit card was good and stuff! How insulting.

I am really starting to question if I should just cancel and see what the reports are after general release. I know I can't blame RIM for Staples reps, but I am feeling like RIM is leaving everyone out in the wind. I wonder if it was RIM that gave April 11 initially and then said oooops, never mind. Make it April 18-20.

I will sleep on it and it sure seems like I have time now....

<grrrr>

Last edited by stevetaz; 04-05-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote