Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB and GMail

Please Login to Remove!

1. My university just switched our mail to Google mail. Gave us two choice with BB: configure it using the BIS and Gmail IMAP or download the Gmail app for BB. My biggest frustration with the BIS/Gmail is that I can't send an email to myself from the BB; I can send to myself from Outlook configured for Gmail and it will show up everywhere including on the BB, and I can send to myself from the Gmail online interface and it will show up everywhere including the BB.

But I still can not send to myself from the BB. Won't show up in either Outlook, the BB or Gmail. There's previous posts here about Gmail being set to avoid duplicates and that's why you can send to yourself, but obviously that's changed because I can send to myself using either the Gmail interface or Outlook, but not on the BB. So what am I missing on the BB configuration for my email. I can send and receive just fine, just not to myself.

2. Is anyone using the Gmail app on the Bold. If you are, does it integrate with the address book, and when you receive an email, does the red light blink? If I go to the Gmail app, I'll delete the BIS account.

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote