Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Medic48
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Re: BB Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by factor View Post
I just updated my Curve to the torch. It was easy to tether the Curve to my computer. Now I can't get the connection, it says 'pls. check your profile setting and make sure your radio is turned on. This service might have been turned off by your wireless service provider or your administrator. I called TBAYEL/Rogers and the reply was they don't offer support for this. After some pressure, I was told the the 6.0 software doesn't suport this and i would have to use the old software 5.1 from my curve. Is there another way?
John
Hello there,

A couple of steps you would need to take.

First off, contact your Wireless Service Provider (please note that TBayTel has taken over most Rogers contracts and you are now running on TBayTel, Rogers will not have access to add any applicable tethering access).

TBayTel will need to add "Tethering Access" to your account. If Tethering Access is disabled then they are not allowing you to tether your account via your Blackberry. Unfortunately, you will not be able to tether. You will need to get the TBayTel apn settings from your provider. (I did try to search from them on your behalf, but I couldn't find them).

You will need the following:[LIST][*]Username:[*]Password:[*]Access Point:[*]Additional Commands (if applicable)

Once Tethering Access is authorized on your wireless service then you will need to ensure you have the updated version of the Desktop Manager software.

In the Desktop Manager there is an "IP Modem" application. There is a default profile for "Rogers" however, I do not see anything for Thunder Bay Telecom (no "TBayTel, Thunder Bay Telecom or even Rogers (TBayTel)".)

NOTE: I have tested this, and it does work on the Rogers Wireless Network.

Best of luck,
--Phil
Offline   Reply With Quote