View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Help a newb understand the blackberry...

Also to keep apps and software in its latest stage please install Blackberry App World from blackberry.com ad it will alert you if there is an updated version of the apps installed on your BB.
Also installed the latest version of BB Desktop Mgr on your dektop/laptop and connect the BB to it and it will prompt you to down load the latest version of device software.

VERY IMPORTANT: Take backup of the device data before you do anything with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur View Post
Did a few searches on the forums here, couldn't come up with much for an overview of the Blackberry, so I'll start a thread. Maybe some of you can throw me some links.

This is actually my nieces phone. I have an Android, and know absolutely nothing about the Blackberry.

She has a Blackberry 9550, v5.0.0.1015, Bundle 1656, Platform 4.2.0.442, through Verizon.

Is this a storm or storm 2?
What's the difference?
Is it normal to take well over 5 minutes to reboot?
She's done almost nothing in the way of keeping her phone "in tune" for the past year since she's had it. Are there generally preferred apps or anything that can get this thing into shape?
When she's lacking a phone signal, her phone locks up. Is this a common, fixable issue?

ANY info or links you guys can give me will be much appreciated.