View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
jubinell

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobilephone
Default Re: Latest OS: 9300 6.0.0.2949/6.0.0.668 (Multilanguage)

Hi,

I tried to install this OS to no avail.

I currently have v.5.0.0.977 (bundle 1602, platform 6.3.0.63). I confirmed this in the About screen of my Curve 9300. Next, I downloaded and installed the OS in this thread to my local computer. I confirmed successful installation by checking the Shared / Loader Files of the Research in Motion folder in my Common Files. Next, I delete the Vendor.xml file from the Apploader folder. I then click on Loader.exe to start the installation to my BB. Here is where things look strange:

I click start, after a few steps, the installer shows the list of programs installed on my BB. I note that there is no entry for "languages". Since none of these programs need to be changed, I did nothing and just click next, then the next screen comes up which says something like no need for action, and then there's the Finish button. When I click that button, nothing seems to happen. I check my BB and indeed the OS hasn't changed. The entire process takes about 2 minutes.

Can somebody help me with this please?
(I opened a new thread at blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/255543-install-langs-no-lang-options-desktop-software.html but so far nobody has helped me yet)
Offline   Reply With Quote