View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
SpikeyP

Model: Playb
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Unhappy Re: Just purchased aPlaybook

I think the Playbook has one of the best hardware specifications in a tablet but whilst I appreciate that RIM has produced some great products and its service has been regarded highly, my personal experience with the company has been pretty unsatisfactory. In January, I bought a Playbook and then in February updated the OS to 2.0. Ten days ago the device died and refused to be resurrected. After three days of hopeless conversations with RIM customer support in which I was asked to repeat the hard boot routine numerous times, they agreed last Friday to exchange it for a new one. An RMA was generated on their system and a tracking number was supposed to be issued within a day. Despite many phone calls with the customer support team (in Canada), they are unable to get a tracking number from their repair team and seem impotent to do anything and I remain with the dead machine.

As a consumer, I am disappointed and frustrated with this unacceptable service from a once renowned technology leader. I'm glad that I'm not using the tablet in an enterprise capacity or I'd have to seriously reconsider my supplier.
Offline   Reply With Quote