View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Annndrew

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Default 9900 battery drains while OFF???

Please Login to Remove!

I've had the bold 9900 for about 4 months. i use the clock app as my morning alarm. Every night before going to bed, I turn the phone off using the "Turn Off", but not the "Full Power Off" option, so that my phone will automatically turn on at wake-up time the next morning.

During the day i am mostly at my desk at work and have the phone plugged in pretty much all day, everyday - so it is only unplugged from power source between roughly 6:30 pm to 8:00 a.m. After about 2 months i suddenly had this problem: every morning when my alarm went off, i would turn off the alarm and then see the warning that my battery was down to 5% or less. When i went to bed in the evening i would have a nearly full green bar of power (remember, i have it plugged in all day long).

After this happened nearly every day for a couple of weeks, I took the phone back to my carrier and asked for a new battery. He tested the existing battery, said it seemed fine, but gave me a new battery anyway. I put the new battery in - lo and behold, my problem is totally solved. For about 4 weeks, that is. Now again, i turn the phone off before going to bed (with battery showing as having at least 70-80% charge) but when i wake up this morning I see a warning of less than 5% battery charge left.

so it is draining the entire battery over night while it is off, in its holster, and I am sleeping. Any ideas????
Offline   Reply With Quote