sprookz

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: PH SMART
Default Re: BB app world error (80002)+can't update BB Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiron View Post
Hi guys
Okay I have a BB Bold 9790 and when I click on my app world it just says "blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server, verify your network connections and try again" then if I wait a few seconds another box comes up saying "BLACKBERRY ID ,app world requires the latest version of Blackberry ID" then there is 2 boxes sayin CLOSE & UPDATE - when I press update it doesn't even get past 0% before it comes up with "sorry the software update server is unavailable, please try again later"then there's 2 boxes again saying CLOSE & RETRY when press retry it just flashes on 0% and back to retry so when press close it says "Blackberry identity installation failed, please try again later. (80002)....oh yh also I've noticed that if I goto Device>Blackberry ID, it says "unable to update blackberry Id account information while offline" so it won't let me change any details at all not even my name, but I can sign in fine on the website itself....
The BB Bold 9790 is running OS version 7 and app world is version 4.0.0.65....
I have tried a device wipe with no joy and I have tried changing the tic/apn to internet etc still no joy, I have even tried deleting app world and reinstalling but still the same oh and I have tried a battery pull too ???
Can some 1 please help me as this as been going on for about 4 weeks now :/ thanks guys.
i tried this and it works for me.. go to options>personalization & privacy for app world then check box of Apply this setting to all application and also disable the collection of usage data.. then try downloading the update again..

Last edited by sprookz; 01-07-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote