NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: Playbook Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88 View Post
I'm not defending anything. Merely explaining something to someone who admittedly didn't bother to read the brief tutorial when they launched the app.

AFAIK, you can't edit the dictionary on MS Office either. Which, given the regional differences in spelling between the UK, US and Canada, can be a PITA, as the application is written based on US English.

My, my the aplogetic lengths people will go to. Never said I didn't read the tutorial. What I said was I didn't read it prior to purchase. Like most people I don't read every dot and tittle of every application prior to purchasing a computer. I doubt anyone does.

When read the information I discovered Blackberry had misdirected its' customers by misuse of the word "Print". I chalked that up to just another in the long list of Blackberry mindset failures. Now I'm trying to see if there really is some way to print a document from the Playbook. So, far nada.

We can go on all day; use up a lot of server space; hear a lot of aplogetics but in the end it boils down to Blackberry not coping very well with market place changes. Even Crackberry leads one of their articles with telling Android users they won't have to give up much when they switch to the newest Blackberry. If Blackberry was a properly functioning company they wouldn't have to give up anything; they would be gaining and no one would have to apologize.

As I said at the outset, I have used Blacberries of one type or another for a good many years. They have had their warts. But, on the whole they have done good. Except they have not kept up. In most any race standing still makes it really hard to catch up, let alone win.
Offline   Reply With Quote