View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Vanishing Contacts?

Please Login to Remove!

Strange phenomenon and it's happened several times. I was searching for a particular contact, Yama Sushi, to order dinner tonight. There is no easy way to get to a particular point in Contacts so you're really forced to use the Search function. Pretty convenient really. It's unfamiliar to me but it's definitely a better and more efficient way to work. I'm coming from an iPhone so I'm used to having my Contacts with an alphabetical reference along the side of the screen so I can go right to the T's or F's or whatever by tapping the appropriate letter. On the BlackBerry I either have to scroll and scroll and scroll or use Search. With the Q10's keyboard the Search feature is superb.

So here's what happened. I searched for and found Yama Sushi. Great. But before I can call I get a text message, so I swipe up and right to reveal the Hub, answer the text, and then go back to Contacts. Yama Sushi is GONE!! I try searching again and it's definitely not there. Son of a bit*h! Where did it go?? I scroll down all the way to the Y section and confirm it is indeed gone. I figured that maybe I did something stupid and accidentally deleted it. After all, it's a new operating system and I just may not have the hang of it yet. So I re-enter the contact after looking up the phone number on the web - not a big deal with Verizon 4G LTE speed - and save. Suddenly I have TWO contacts for Yama Sushi. The old one came back!

I have contacts set to All Contacts. My contacts are all synced via iCloud. Sync works nearly instantaneously, which is nice. But having a contact vanish temporarily and then re-appear is freaky.
Offline   Reply With Quote