View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
mzblues

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Strange phenomenon and it's happened several times. I was searching for a particular contact, Yama Sushi, to order dinner tonight. There is no easy way to get to a particular point in Contacts so you're really forced to use the Search function. Pretty convenient really. It's unfamiliar to me but it's definitely a better and more efficient way to work. I'm coming from an iPhone so I'm used to having my Contacts with an alphabetical reference along the side of the screen so I can go right to the T's or F's or whatever by tapping the appropriate letter. On the BlackBerry I either have to scroll and scroll and scroll or use Search. With the Q10's keyboard the Search feature is superb.

So here's what happened. I searched for and found Yama Sushi. Great. But before I can call I get a text message, so I swipe up and right to reveal the Hub, answer the text, and then go back to Contacts. Yama Sushi is GONE!! I try searching again and it's definitely not there. Son of a bit*h! Where did it go?? I scroll down all the way to the Y section and confirm it is indeed gone. I figured that maybe I did something stupid and accidentally deleted it. After all, it's a new operating system and I just may not have the hang of it yet. So I re-enter the contact after looking up the phone number on the web - not a big deal with Verizon 4G LTE speed - and save. Suddenly I have TWO contacts for Yama Sushi. The old one came back!

I have contacts set to All Contacts. My contacts are all synced via iCloud. Sync works nearly instantaneously, which is nice. But having a contact vanish temporarily and then re-appear is freaky.
I am not on Cloud and am having the same problems.

In addition when I try to add an additional email address and change from business to personal it changes back to the way it was before I made all the changes and some of the new entries disappear. Then later one of those entries comes back. Hope 10.1 on Verizon addresses this.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote