View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
tracash

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default 7130e & Google Talk

Please Login to Remove!

Last January RIM (Waterloo Ontario) annouced a deal with Google. Deal was to offer both Google Talk and Google Local.

(Taken from the RIM WebSite: www.rim.com):
Quote 1> "New Mobile Services Will Enable BlackBerry users to Stay Connected with Google Talk instant messaging and Google Local information and maps";
Quote 2> "Use of Google Talk requires a Gmail account which can be obtained when invited by another Gmail user or by visiting https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1. Google Talk users may invite other Gmail users to their contact lists directly from their BlackBerry handset, just as they would from a PC.";
Quote 3> "Google Talk for BlackBerry is expected to be available in the Spring timeframe. Google Local for mobile is available today at www.google.com/glm. Both applications will be free, subject to any data service rates applicable for downloading and using the applications with a limited data plan."

I have 3 - 7130e's and as of yesterday Google Talk has appeared in all service books, yet no ICON and currently no way to make it work. Any ideas?

I have all kinds of invitiations available and have a few accounts also set up so a GMail account is not the issue. I can't get the SMS to get through to my number even though my account ("myname"@"My carrier".blackberry.net) has sent my BlackBerrys the initial "service book".