View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #36
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I made a promise to someone not to post here any further and continue this but I am sorry for breaking it since I do need to addresss this, and it will be my last post on this topic.

Rim does have to address this issue, it is a legitimate one, and yes if admins made sure that when decomissioned or removed from the BEs that policies be removed we would not be here. But neither of this issues has been addressed well enough otherwise we would not be here.

I have a simple solution that Rim might want to look at: If the concern is the wrong person removing the police and circumventing restrictions, I will tell RIM add one more restriction. If someone removes the IT policy then that device will nto work on the BES any longer unless it was brought back to the IT administrator. This would allow for the policy removal and at the same time wiping the BB ala Kill command so it be useless to anyone wanting to break security, yet allowing a legitimate user the benefit of the full device.

Now if you are trying to break security and remove the policy, then lets see you talk your way out of it with your employer. That would deter anyone without legitimate reasons from trying.

Running OS 6.0.0.524